Why Study in Singapore?
- Singapore has quickly emerged as the cultural hub of Asia with increasing musical opportunities and innovation, making it an ideal vantage point for young musicians. The Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music (YSTCM) has state of the art equipment and facilities, and offers the chance to study with world-class faculty, such as Qian Zhou and Qin Li-Wei.
- Do I need to speak a foreign language to be an exchange student at YST?
- No. English is the dominant language in Singapore, while it is still common for most people to also speak their mother tongues of Chinese (Mandarin, Hokkien, Catonese), Malay, and/or Tamil. As with all Singaporean schools, English is the medium of instruction at YST.
- When can I go abroad on exchange?
- There are two different exchange programs that Peabody and YST currently have: a one semester exchange, in which you go abroad in your junior year for one semester; and the newly-launched Joint Degree Program, which allows you three semesters abroad.