plus📅TriangleTriangleclockplusemailoutfaxinstagramlocationGroup 13phonepinterestplayplus💲search

Policies and Petitions

All policies are outlined in the Academic Catalog. If a student would like to request an exception to policy, the student must submit a petition to Academic Affairs for review and a decision. Students who have questions about petitioning Academic Affairs should contact the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs or the Director of Advising.


The Associate Dean of Academic Affairs makes all decisions on petitions. If your petition is not approved, and you have new or updated information that was not included with your petition, you may submit an appeal.  Appeals should be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs within 7 days from receiving official notification that your petition was denied.

Academic Progress

All students are expected to make Satisfactory Academic Progress each semester toward their degrees. Academic Affairs reviews the progress of all students and submits recommendations to the relevant faculty committees for action. The faculty committee votes on the suggested actions and modifies them as necessary.