plus📅TriangleTriangleclockplusemailoutfaxinstagramlocationGroup 13phonepinterestplayplus💲search

Students must complete most of the requirements for a degree or diploma through credits earned for courses taken at Peabody as a matriculated student.  However, students may transfer some credits taken at accredited post-secondary schools or through the accelerated testing of recognized providers (such as the College Board or International Baccalaureate).

Transfer credits are accepted pending the submission of necessary documentation to the Office of the Registrar and in consultation with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.  Peabody can only transfer credits for students who have already matriculated into degree or diploma programs.  New students are welcome to contact the Office of Academic Affairs before enrolling but will not be able to begin the process of transferring credits until after enrolling in classes. 

Like most conservatories, Peabody does not accept transfer credits for lessons, juries, or recitals.  For undergraduate transfer students, the year of study (sophomore or junior) is determined by the department at the time of the audition and validated by the year-end departmental jury.  Peabody does not accept transfer credits for ensembles.  Performance majors must participate in ensembles in every semester of instruction, and transfer students must participate in ensembles for at least two years. 

It is a policy of The Johns Hopkins University that students may not take online courses from another institution while taking classes during the regular fall or spring semesters. However, students may take online courses during intersession or the summer, provided the courses are offered by an accredited institution.