Students who wish to apply for Federal and State financial aid must meet the eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
- Have a valid Social Security number;
- Be registered for Selective Service if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 26;
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree program;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the Peabody catalogue;
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan or owe money on a Federal student grant;
- Not have a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while you were receiving Federal aid
For additional criteria and more information, please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/basic-criteria .
IMPORTANT NOTE: Federal Financial Aid is only available for Peabody degree programs (BM, MM, DMA). The Graduate Performance Diploma, Artist Diploma and Teacher Certificate are ineligible for Federal Loans and Work-study. However, GPD and AD students are eligible for Peabody Scholarship.