The privilege of performing a Senior Invitational Recital is offered exclusively to high school seniors with advanced standing in the Preparatory and upon the recommendation of their teacher. A Senior Recital serves as a culminating event that allows students, their parents, friends, and teachers to celebrate their accomplishments at the Preparatory.
Qualifications for performing a recital include:
- Student is in the last year of high school or will attend college next year
- Student is capable of performing at the most advanced certificate level (according to Preparatory certificate requirements)
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as exemplified in at least one of the following:
- Honors Recital Performance
- Concerto Performance
- Significant outside competition(s) resulting in a notable public performance
NEW! Senior Invitational and Senior Joint Recitals for must be held during Senior Recital Week: May 21-May 27. Possible recital dates/times can be seen below (based on availability):
Standard Weeknight Recital Times: 6pm and 7:30pm
Standard Saturday Recital Times: 10am, 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, 5:30pm, 7pm
Standard Sunday Recital Times: 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm
* All times based on availability. When choosing dates and times, please be flexible to allow for the highest probability of available accommodations.
Video livestream, recorded video, and/or audio recording may be available by our Peabody Production team and Recording Department, but is dependent on staff availability.
Upon approval and scheduling, students will receive their invite notification via email by early May.
Chairs and music stands on stage will be provided at the teacher's request.
Standard concert lighting will be provided. Plan repertoire accordingly.
Stage crew and ushers are not provided, and students are responsible for recruiting, if needed.
Audio Visual equipment is not provided and is the responsibility of the student if it is needed for the performance.
Program information must be submitted by May 5. Otherwise, programs will be the responsibility of the student. The Preparatory faculty member must approve all of the content of the program. Programs will be delivered to the student's teacher.
You will be notified at the time of your invitation whether recording and livestreaming will be available for the recital. We make every effort to accommodate these services, however it is dependent on staff availability.
The capacity limit for a senior recital reception is 40 guests. At times when recital volumes are high, reception space might be divided among numerous performers. Performers and their families will be notified of this prior.