Note: The following process is approved for use at the Peabody Preparatory for benefit-eligible JHU faculty, staff, and retirees only. This does not apply for use at any other schools, divisions, or centers.
Paperless Tuition Remission Process
- Eliminates the use of SSNs and will utilize employee personnel numbers
- Eliminates the use of paper forms to collect data electronically
- Real-time posting of benefit discount at time of enrollment and full payment of remaining balance at that time
- Eligibility requirements and plan benefits determined by JHU central benefits
- Confirmation of eligibility and final employee approval of benefit determined by JHU central benefits office retrospectively
- Employee agrees to be responsible for any tuition remission applied in error if the benefits office later determines person is ineligible for the benefit.
Are you eligible for Tuition Remission for non-credit courses available at Peabody Preparatory? See below to determine tuition remission eligibility based on your JHU employment status classification.
- JHU Full-Time Benefit eligible Faculty/Staff/Retiree– 80% tuition remission for Group Classes; 25% tuition remission for Private Lessons
- JHU Full-Time Benefit eligible Faculty/Staff/Retirees’ Spouse and/or Dependent– 50% tuition remission for Group Classes; 25% tuition remission for Private Lessons
- Not Eligible- 0%-Visiting Faculty and Staff, Residents, Interns , Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
Please follow these steps before you register for classes, lessons, or programs:
- Go to the ASAP login page. If this is your first login in the registration system, you will be prompted to create a password.
- Your login ID is the Account Holder’s primary e-mail address.
- Complete the set up for your primary account holder (yourself or spouse) and all students/dependents included on your account. You can edit information and add students as needed!
Confirm accuracy of Customer Type for yourself and EACH family member:
- Student is a fulltime (FT) JHU Faculty, Staff or Retiree (benefit eligible)
- Student is a spouse/dependent of a fulltime (FT) JHU Faculty, Staff or Retiree (benefit eligible)
- Student is a dependent of two fulltime (FT) JHU Faculty, Staff or Retirees (benefit eligible)
Confirm the following information for yourself and EACH family member:
(if both parents are eligible for tuition remission you will see information for both)
- Employee personnel number
- Employee JHED ID
- Employee full-name
Repeat the above steps for each family member and edit information and add students or family members as needed.